Rideaway New South Wales: Beach and Farm
7 days, 6 nights, 5 days riding
Intermediate to Advanced
from $2,745 AUD
7 days, 6 nights, 5 days riding Intermediate to Advanced
from $2,745 AUD
An extraordinary 7 day ride on Australia's majestic Pacific coast.
Challenging terrain in an everchanging environment, from Eucalypt forests to rainforest to beach. Port Macquarie region.
Arrival at the Lodge & Horse Riding Farm in the late afternoon. Transfer from Port Macquarie Airport or Kendall Railway Station (fixed times). Dinner with your hosts and co-riders and discussing the week program.
(3 hours riding) Introductory Forest Ride through the hilly terrain of the Kerewong State Forest with tall eucalypt forests and pockets of rainforest. Stop at a creek side picnic ground in the middle of the forest for lunch. Wildlife we may encounter on our rides and on the farm are Wallabies, Goanna’s and many bird species including Black Cockatoo’s.
(5 hours riding): Ride to impressive Comboyne Mountain (670 m), which peak can be seen from Kerewong Lodge. Magnificent 360-degree view at the top. Horses and riders enjoy a well-deserved lunch break at the peak, before descending back home.
(5-6 hours riding): Long day ride, starting along a historic timber railway line, to local Bago Vineyards. Creek crossings, adventurous steep descent and fantastic long gallops. On arrival taste the local produce while looking over the vineyards. Transfer back to riding centre.
(2 hours riding): Fantastic beach horse riding, galloping along the Pacific Ocean. Watch out for dolphins in the waves and a close encounter with kangaroos. Fish & chips lunch at Fisherman’s Coop (at own cost). Transfer by horse trailer.
(6 hours riding): Farmland horse ride to the beautiful green rolling and fertile farmland of the Comboyne Plateau. On clear days views to the Pacific Ocean. In the evening farewell dinner.
Departure after breakfast. Transfer to Kendall Railway station or Port Macquarie airport, with optional stop at Port Macquarie Koala Hospital (only included with departure transfer to Port Macquarie).
Dates & Availability 2020
- 1-7 March
- 15-21 March
- 29 March - 4 April
- Easter LW: 10-13 April (Friday-Monday) - no beach ride
- 16-22 April (Thursday-Wednesday)
- 3-9 May
- 18-24 May
- 31 May - 6 June
- 14-20 June
- 28 June - 4 July
- 12-18 July
- 26 July - 1 August
- 13-19 August
- 27 Aug - 2 Sept
- 10-16 Sept
- 24 -30 Sept
- 8-14 Oct
- 22-28 Oct
- 8-14 November
- 22-28 November
- 6-12 Dec
- 20-26 Dec
* Send us an email to confirm availability.
Information for Clients
- Conditions: Itinerary is subject to Forestry activities and weather & terrain conditions.
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital: Visit is included only for those travellers who have the departure transfer to Port Macquarie Airport.
- No single room surcharge
- 2 riders may have to share bathroom if group is fully booked with single rooms.
- Accommodation at 60 acres Horse Riding Farm. All-inclusive, except one lunch at local café and some alcoholic drinks (wine with dinner provided).
- Group size: Min 2 - Max 4 riders.
- Tour can go ahead with only 1 rider booked with a surcharge of AU$440.
Fixed Transfer Times
Transfers are included but times are fixed. Other transfer times are on request only and may include an extra transfer fee of up to $200 per trip.
Exception: Alternative times for pick up/ drop off for train to/ from Brisbane is free of charge
Pick up transfers
- Port Macquarie airport: meeting the flights arriving from Sydney between 16.30 – 17.30 pm.
Kendall train station: 18.15 pm (meeting train from Sydney).
Pick up from train from Brisbane on request (free of charge).
- Port Macquarie airport: drop off from 9.00 am, suits flights departing after 11.30 am (earlier transfers possible on request especially for earlier flights to Brisbane)
Kendall train station: 9 am (for train to Sydney)